Bishop O'Dowd High School
Established in 1951, Bishop O’Dowd High School is a recognized leader in college preparatory education. With a vision of maintaining this leadership into the 21st century, CSDA was selected to develop a comprehensive Master Plan with detailed strategies for future modernizations, complete renovations, new buildings, and recreational facilities.
CSDA developed the Master Plan to meet current and future needs of the school, with an existing enrollment capacity of 1,125 students. The plan had several phases and incorporated strategies to design/construct new facilities and modernize existing buildings over a period of 10-15 years.
The first phases were focused on the modernization of 28 classrooms and four science labs, the seismic retrofit of an existing gymnasium, and the addition of two environmental classroom labs. Future phases included a new athletic center, student center, cafeteria, chapel, counseling center and administration building and renovations/additions to existing buildings.