Hanna Boys Center
Founded in 1949, Hanna Boys Center is situated on a 170-acre campus in rural Sonoma County. As one of the Northern California’s most successful residential treatment centers, Hanna provides 120 at-risk boys an opportunity to turn their lives around. Hanna offers a home and treatment services to boys 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, and educational services for grades 7-12.
The final draft of a 10-year campus Master Plan was completed by CSDA and approved by the Hanna Board of Trustees on December 8, 2008. The Master Plan detailed strategies for facility upgrades, complete renovations, new buildings, and recreational facilities required to meet the current and future needs of the campus.
Phase 1 of the Master Plan included the following major elements: upgrade main entry and entry road; new 7,800sf admission/alumni center; new 11,100sf multi-use auditorium; new multi-use artificial turf baseball field; and seismic upgrades for the chapel, gym, and wood shop. Phases 2 through 4 included complete renovation of the dining facility, a new learning center and added classrooms, main quad renovation and new amphitheater, two new group homes, parking, guest house, renovation and additions to the gymnasium, renovation of the multi-use field and residential cottages, and a new 4-H facility.